Packing and moving can be stressful and overwhelming. But, by planning and staying organized with the tips below, you are sure to have a pleasant and successful move.
Moving Day Tips and Pre-Planning
- Make sure everything is packed and ready to be moved before the movers arrive. Clearly label any boxes or packages with their respective rooms and contents.
- Before our movers arrive, make mental notes or create a list of any information our movers may need. Communication is key on your moving day in order to ensure we provide you with the best moving experience!
Before your moving date
Eight to six weeks before your moving date:
- Create a list of necessary moving accessories. Need boxes? We can help! Learn more about our environmental boxes here.
- Transfer insurance policies to your new address.
- Start cleaning out bookcases, closets, attics, and any other storage areas and reserve a storage unit if necessary.
For long distance moves:
- Make any long-distance travel arrangements that may be needed on the day of your move.
- If you are unfamiliar with your new location, do plenty of research beforehand to be familiar with local businesses, parks, and any other necessary locations.
One month before your move:
- Purchase or rent packing supplies.
- Schedule the disconnection of your utility services and schedule transfers to your new location.
- Begin packing items that are not necessary in your day-to-day routine.
- Schedule your move with Lui Lui Moving Service, LLC.
Two weeks before your move:
- Complete a change-of-address with the United States Postal Service and any other accounts you may have.
- Pack all other unnecessary items and set them aside in an area where they will be out of the way.
- Clean and empty appliances
While packing may be overwhelming, it is best to start packing early and avoid packing procrastination. Creating a plan of action, and giving yourself more time to pack, will only reduce your moving day anxiety.
- For larger appliances, remove any loose fittings and package them separately. Secure any moveable parts or doors to avoid any damage.
- To secure your washer and dryer, stuff towels or other articles of clothing to keep the tubs from rotating. Disconnect all hoses, put them in a bag, and place them inside the machines.
Defrost, clean, and dry the interior of your freezer and refrigerator. Fill the interior of your freezer or refrigerator with blankets, linens, clothing, or stuff and plush toys to protect the interior.